Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My girls, my heart....


I attended a funeral today of a friends father that passed away. I didn't know his father,  until today. The stories, the laughter, the tears.... I met a man that I would have loved to spend time with, mainly because all the stories reminded me of my own father.  I made it through the funeral, but I couldn't make myself go into the  mausoleum to witness the finality.  That, for me has always been the hardest part (outside of the initial proclamation of the demise). Because that represents the resolution of a relationship that can no longer develop, or in my case with my father, redevelop our bruised, yet much desired relationship.
So as I'm avoiding the conclusion, I walk around the cemetery wondering about the people [in the earth] that are no longer present with us and not enjoying this amazingly humid Louisiana weather. I then came upon an area that was, without prior knowledge, dedicated to babies that have passed.... I should have gone to the mausoleum.  Too many to count headstones littered with scooby doo, Thomas the train, Angels, bears, notes.... Broken, shattered hearts ladened with "could have been"memories only to be camouflaged with strength, where it came from I have no idea. I can't even imagine, what I would think simply buying a dollar store train, would be simple..... As any of you that know me, know I called each of my kids.... One answered, one did not, but they were informed that I love them and could not imagine my life without them.... Actually, the convo went like this (with the one that answered), "hey, whaaaattttt up???? I love you"
That is all that needed to be said :)
They are my rock, my whole heart and the reason I'm still on this earth.... Couldn't imagine one second without them..... They bless me. God knew what he was doing when HE created them!  Love your babies tonight and always! And if you ever run into my babies, remind them how much their dad and mom love them :) They make us proud even when either of us fall short! 

No comments:

Blog Archive