Sunday, May 26, 2013

roly polys...

Roly polys were my favorite "pet" as a child, as were many I can only suppose since I was (and still am an oddity).  They are still fascinating to me even as an adult oddity =)  I, as a child, always wondered why they rolled up into a ball when I came close to them, touched them, wanted to befriend them.... My attraction was clearly innocent, but they did not know that, so into a ball they became.  Only as an adult did I realize it was a complete defense mechanism, (oh how that would have saved me at times).
    I'm sitting on my patio tonight and what to my pure amazement comes up?  Yep, a roly poly!  I'm sure they've been around in the last few years (clearly they've not gone extinct, I've just been preoccupied). So yes, Tiff picks it up! But let's add to my admiration (bare with me for a sec)  He didn't ball up... WHAT?  Is he a super hero??? Yes, for this instance he became my super hero because he revealed to me that no matter what you are stereotyped as, you don't need to conform to that.  That spiderman/She-Ra roly poly taught me more in the 60 seconds that he let me befriend him than I've learned in 30 something years.  Be yourself, not what peers, bosses, friends, FAMILY perceive you to be, BE WHO YOU ARE MEANT TO BE.  Don't ball up and be fearful, be bold and fearless in what you want.... Spiderman/She-Ra poly wanted to go from one point of the concrete to the other.... Fearless and relentless, he made it, even going over the treacherous mountains of my knuckles, with pure fruition, made it to his purpose, not that it's the end, but only the beginning of his next journey.
     I long for the end of this journey and the beginning of your next to be amazing and superheroish!
Tiff~

No comments:

Blog Archive