Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Complex...


I was told today that I was complex and I immediately renounced it with "no I'm not", because the first thought that came to my mind was complicated.  Then I started analyzing the word complex and myself. 

So technically complex does mean complicated, but to dig further it also means intricate which is "having many interrelated parts; entangled or involved". It's the intricate details that make something original.  So is complexity so bad?  I don't think so; because the antonym of complexity is simple or plain… that's not me by far.

I used to say "what you see is what you get", I don't believe that anymore because there's so much more to me than what you see or what you think or how you may even feel about me. 

So to answer your question my sweet friend, I am complex.  I am at times complicated, impudent, unattractive, broken, hopeless, sinful and mysterious, but then there's that amazing instant that God takes a hold of me and says, "you are free, humble, beautiful, mended, bright, forgiven and mysterious in a delicate way".  God made me as intricately as I am and I'm not going to ask why. I will never again deny the certainty that I am complex, because that's how I was created. 

So the reason I tell you all of this is because, the next time someone refers to you with a word that you may desire to take awry, take a moment to investigate that word, and yourself, you may be pleasantly surprised with whom you find.

Tiffany~

No comments:

Blog Archive